Leaving at 9:30am on May 1st from the SmartLab, we will go up to the “Bosco della città” (Wood of the City), through a footpath and back to the city by a secondary road.
During the walk we will have time for random chat and to enjoy surrounding. The walk in the park will be guided by a professional Accompagnatore di Media Montagna (Mountain Leader). During our walk we will stop to admire the landscape and our guide will provide details about:
- agricultural terrace
- the wood near the city with trees and animals
- a panoramic view of Beseno Castle
- a view of the Vallagarina Valley (with mount Stivo, Finonchio, Zugna)
- an unfinished building from the sixties: “ex ANMIL”, a monument to the Italian
bureaucracy and missing political accountability
- sperimentarea (experiment-area), a park for school projects in the nature (now closed)
- wineries along the way (but we do not stop by)
- a panoramic view of the rock of Dinosaurs Tracks
- a panoramic view of the Monumental Shrine “Sacrario-Militare Castel Dante” that hosts the remains of more than 20.000 soldiers of the First World War
We will end our group tour near the Rovereto Castle where you can visit the Italian War History Museum.
The walking tour takes 2-2.5hr. Then The usual duration for a visit to the Castle War Museum is one hour and half. From the ending point it will take around 30 minutes to walk back to SmartLab, or 20 minutes to walk to the train station. However, special arrangements can be done for who needs to leave before the visit to the castle.
The visit of the Castle War Museum is self-managed (audio guides available in English). In case of bad weather the tour may be canceled.
Please review the complete info at https://linuxappsummit.org/social-events/
The cost is 20€/person for the walk + castle. Pay this in cash at the registration desk at the venue.
If we do not have a minimum number of people, we will cancel this social event.